WOOD FIRED COUNTRY STYLE OVEN
STEEL CONSTRUCTION – FULLY INSULATED – FIRE BRICK TILES – SUITABLE FOR: PIZZA – BREAD – PASTRY – ROAST – ETC.
SLIDE OUT ASHTRAY – TEMPERATURE GAUGE – CLEAN FAST BAKING – SLIDE OUT OVEN GRILL – LOWER OPERATING COST
SEPARATE FIRE AND BAKING CHAMBERS WITH SMOKE FLAVORS CONTROL PLUG
MAY BE DISGUISED WITH BRICK SURROUND FOR A MORE AUTHENTIC APPEARANCE
THIS TYPE OF WOOD FIRED OVEN HAS THE FIRE CHAMBER SEPARATED FROM THE BAKING CHAMBER SO THAT WOOD CAN BE INSERTED IN THE FIRE CHAMBER WITHOUT INTERFERING WITH BAKING.
THE SLIDE OUT WIRE OVEN GRILL CAN BE USED TO BAKE OTHER PRODUCTS SUCH AS LASAGNA – CHICKEN – GARLIC BREAD ETC. OR HEAT PRE-COOKED FOOD WHILE BAKING PIZZA AT THE SAME TIME. ADDITIONAL PIZZAS MAY ALSO BE BAKED ON THE WIRE GRILL.
THE EXTERNALLY MOUNTED TEMPERATURE GAUGE ALLOWS VISUAL MONITORING OF THE OVEN TEMPERATURE FROM A DISTANCE.
A VAST VARIETY OF FOOD PRODUCTS MAY BE BAKED IN THIS OVEN WHICH IS SUBJECT ONLY TO REACHING THE APPROPRIATE TEMPERATURE.
OPTIONAL: CERAMIC SLAB BAKING HEATH.
THIS SURFACE IS SMOOTHER COMPARED TO THE STANDARD REFRACTORY TILES AND IS IDEAL FOR BAKING PIZZAS DIRECTLY ON THE SLAB WITHOUT THE USE OF TRAYS, ALTHOUGH TRAYS MAY BE USED IF PREFERRED.
THE SLABS ARE LARGER THAN THE TILES AND HAVE MINIMAL JOINTS.
Pictures below depicts VIP Country Style Pizza Oven fitted onto trailer.
ADVANTAGES OF THE VIP COUNTRY STYLE OVEN
The advantages of the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven over the traditional Igloo / Dome type ovens are numerous and some are stated below.
The Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven will reach cooking temperature within 30 minutes due to the fire chamber being below the baking chamber. The stone baking hearth is evenly heated directly from the underneath saving fuel expenses. The igloo / dome oven is heated from within the baking chamber and necessitates the whole of the oven chamber to heat up over a lengthy period of time, consuming excessive fuel and added expenses.
The total weight of the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven is 250kg approximately. For transportation the stone baking heath and fire chamber pavers can be removed to reduce the weight substantially. The oven can be transported within the home allotment or to parties and holiday home. Optional stand on castors allow for easy mobility by one person. When moving house the oven can be taken with you, unlike other traditional permanent installations. The igloo / dome oven, due to their design are excessively heavy and not suitable for transporting, and remain at point of installation.
Separate Fire and Baking Chambers
The separate fire and baking chambers on the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Ovens allow full use of the baking chamber as it is not restricted by the fire being at the same level as the baking surface, as is the case with dome ovens that require fire constantly, particularly if the oven is used over a lengthy period. The food closest to the fire receives excessive heat and needs to be rotated otherwise it will burn, this requires constant attention and is labour intensive. The Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven receives heat directly from the underneath of the baking stone and therefore is evenly heated.
The provision of side slide rails above the baking hearth can accommodate up to two full size gastronorm baking/roasting pans and wire shelf for additional cooking or heating capacity. Heating – Roasting and baking can be done simultaneously.
Health conscious users need not be concerned about ash from the fire going onto the food, as it is non existent with the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven due to the separate chambers. Some health departments within Australia have banned the use of ovens which are heated from within the baking chamber. The Herald Sun dated Friday the 17th December 1999 had a segment on world news from London stating that the Eurocrats were planning on banning the traditional dome shape wood fired oven.
Cracks on walls
A common occurrence with the dome type ovens are cracks on the walls due to expansion and contraction, thus requiring maintenance. Cracks cause heat loss apart from the unsightly visible appearance.
VIP MODEL WOOD FIRED OVENS vs DO IT YOURSELF IGLOO TYPE
VIP MODEL PCS
- The separate heating chamber (directly below the baking hearth) allows the oven to be ready to bake pizza’s a lot quicker.
- The separate heating chamber allows for the maximizing of the baking area. Thus producing a compact sized oven for the pizza output it produces.
- The location of the heating source also dramatically reduces the need to ‘turn the pizza’s’ during baking, as the heating source does not favor one side of the pizzas over the other.
- The included slide trails enable for extra baking capacity. Thus you can bake pizza’s at the same time as roasting a chicken or baking pasta etc. An option that is not available with igloo ovens.
- The oven is insulated using specially designed heat absorbing bats. As the outer shell is made of steel, it is not subject to potential cracking.
- There is no ash transfer onto the food products as the fuel source is in a separate chamber.
- The ovens are provided complete. There is no need for assembly in order to begin baking.
- The baking hearth is not damaged during cleaning as the only cleaning area requiring attention is in the heating chamber. This maintains the flat baking surface of which the pizza’s are baked on, resulting in a more evenly cooked base.
- Effective pizza baking requires the oven base to be hot. Thus an igloo oven can take up to 3 hours before ideal baking temperature is achieved.
- Of the ovens internal baking area, one third is devoted to the fuel source, while only two thirds of the internal capacity can be used for baking.
- Due to the location of the fuel source, pizza’s must be constantly rotated to enable even baking. The part to the pizza closest to the fire will always cook quicker. Without constant checking and turning, part of the pizza may be over cooked.
- Due to retraction and expansion of concrete / mortar / render etc, the outside walls may begin to crack. Without attending to the cracks immediately, the cracks may grow. This may eventually lead to outside moisture entering the baking chamber, or heat escaping.
- Changing health regulations mean ash and splinter transfers to the dough are becoming a health issue. Thus certain regions are not permitting igloo ovens for commercial use.
- Igloo ovens are difficult to transport if moving locations. Thus they are generally a fixed item in the outdoor entertainment area.
- Igloo ovens require specially designed pizza trays as the fuel source is at the same level as the pizza’s. These trays are required to allow more heat to enter the base of the pizza’s. These trays can cost up to three times as much as other trays.
- Many igloo ovens come as kits. This requires the owner to build the unit themselves. While the kit pice may be appealing, the addition of mortar, temperature gauges, special designed oven brooms, etc, and labor may carry the cost of an igloo oven well above the price of a VIP model.