Wood Fired Country Style Oven
|Product Price||$4,500.00 + GST|
|Size:||870mm x 940mm x 700mm (WxDxH)|
WOOD FIRED COUNTRY STYLE OVEN
MULTI-PURPOSE PIZZA OVEN
BAKE – BBQ – ROAST – GRILL
Stone baking hearth – Separate fire and baking chamber – Ash free cooking – Imparts wood flavor to all dishes.
Reaches cooking temperature in approximately 15 – 30 minutes.
60cm x 90cm smooth stone baking hearth.
Fire Pavers on fire chamber base.
Fits 24 x 15cm or 12 x 20cm or 6 x 30cm or 2 x 46cm diameter pizza’s.
Extra baking capacity on removable wire shelf.
Additional heating / baking possible in fire chamber.
Stainless steel wire grill 33cm x 53cm on slide rails
Can be built in or free standing.
Insulated surround for superior heat retention.
Face mounted temperature gauge. (0 – 500°C)
Separate fire and baking chambers for rapid heat up, ash free cooking, evenly heated baking hearth and unrestricted use of oven capacity.
Easily transportable within the home allotment, or to parties or holiday homes.
Fabricated from premium steel plate.
Internal Dimensions: 600mm W x 900mm D x 350mm H
Our Country Style Pizza Oven bolted on to a custom made stand to suit customer requirements.
CHOICE OF MULTIPLE OPTIONS
ADDITIONAL HEATING OR BAKING CAN ALSO BE DONE IN THE FIRE CHAMBER AFTER THE OVEN HAS REACHED DESIRED TEMPERATURE AND THE WOOD IS SWEPT TOWARDS THE BACK OF THE FIRE CHAMBER
WHY SETTLE FOR AN OVEN TO BAKE PREDOMINATELY PIZZA WHEN THIS OVEN HAS THE CONVENIENCE OF MANY USES SIMULTANEOUSLY?
CAPACITY: NUMBER OF PIZZA’S THAT WILL FIT ON THE BAKING HEARTH – 50% EXTRA CAPACITY WILL FIT ONTO WIRE TRAY
ADVANTAGES OF THE VIP COUNTRY STYLE OVEN
The advantages of the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven over the traditional Igloo / Dome type ovens are numerous and some are stated below.
The Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven will reach cooking temperature within 15-30 minutes due to the fire chamber being below the baking chamber. The stone baking hearth is evenly heated directly from the underneath saving fuel expenses. The igloo / dome oven is heated from within the baking chamber and necessitates the whole of the oven chamber to heat up over a lengthy period of time, consuming excessive fuel and added expenses.
The total weight of the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven is 250kg approximately. For transportation the stone baking heath and fire chamber pavers can be removed to reduce the weight substantially. The oven can be transported within the home allotment or to parties and holiday home. Optional stand on castors allow for easy mobility by one person. When moving house the oven can be taken with you, unlike other traditional permanent installations. The igloo / dome oven, due to their design are excessively heavy and not suitable for transporting, and remain at point of installation.
Separate Fire and Baking Chambers
The separate fire and baking chambers on the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Ovens allow full use of the baking chamber as it is not restricted by the fire being at the same level as the baking surface, as is the case with dome ovens that require fire constantly, particularly if the oven is used over a lengthy period. The food closest to the fire receives excessive heat and needs to be rotated otherwise it will burn, this requires constant attention and is labour intensive. The Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven receives heat directly from the underneath of the baking stone and therefore is evenly heated.
The provision of side slide rails above the baking hearth can accommodate up to two full size gastronorm baking/roasting pans and wire shelf for additional cooking or heating capacity. Heating – Roasting and baking can be done simultaneously.
Health conscious users need not be concerned about ash from the fire going onto the food, as it is non existent with the Multi-Purpose Country Style Pizza Oven due to the separate chambers. Some health departments within Australia have banned the use of ovens which are heated from within the baking chamber. The Herald Sun dated Friday the 17th December 1999 had a segment on world news from London stating that the Eurocrats were planning on banning the traditional dome shape wood fired oven.
Cracks on walls
A common occurrence with the dome type ovens are cracks on the walls due to expansion and contraction, thus requiring maintenance. Cracks cause heat loss apart from the unsightly visible appearance.
VIP MODEL WOOD FIRED OVENS vs DO IT YOURSELF IGLOO TYPE
VIP MODEL PCS 60-90
- The separate heating chamber (directly below the baking hearth) allows the oven to be ready to bake pizza’s within 15-30 minutes.
- The separate heating chamber allows for the maximizing of the baking area. Thus producing a compact sized oven for the pizza output it produces.
- The location of the heating source also dramatically reduces the need to ‘turn the pizza’s’ during baking, as the heating source does not favor one side of the pizzas over the other.
- The included slide trails enable for extra baking capacity. Thus you can bake pizza’s at the same time as roasting a chicken or baking pasta etc. An option that is not available with igloo ovens.
- The oven is insulated using specially designed heat absorbing bats. As the outer shell is made of steel, it is not subject to potential cracking.
- There is no ash transfer onto the food products as the fuel source is in a separate chamber.
- The ovens are provided complete. There is no need for assembly in order to begin baking.
- The oven can sit on either the optional legs with castors (allowing for easy movement and transportation between two locations), or can sit on top of a bricked base which you may choose to design to match to your existing outdoor area.
- The baking hearth is not damaged during cleaning as the only cleaning area requiring attention is in the heating chamber. This maintains the flat baking surface of which the pizza’s are baked on, resulting in a more evenly cooked base.
- Effective pizza baking requires the oven base to be hot. Thus an igloo oven can take up to 3 hours before ideal baking temperature is achieved.
- Of the ovens internal baking area, one third is devoted to the fuel source, while only two thirds of the internal capacity can be used for baking. For a comparative baking capacity to the PCS 60-90, the internal dimensions of the igloo oven must be 900mm x 1350mm.
- Due to the location of the fuel source, pizza’s must be constantly rotated to enable even baking. The part to the pizza closest to the fire will always cook quicker. Without constant checking and turning, part of the pizza may be over cooked.
- Due to retraction and expansion of concrete / mortar / render etc, the outside walls may begin to crack. Without attending to the cracks immediately, the cracks may grow. This may eventually lead to outside moisture entering the baking chamber, or heat escaping.
- Changing health regulations mean ash and splinter transfers to the dough are becoming a health issue. Thus certain regions are not permitting igloo ovens for commercial use.
- Igloo ovens are difficult to transport if moving locations. Thus they are generally a fixed item in the outdoor entertainment area.
- Igloo ovens require specially designed pizza trays as the fuel source is at the same level as the pizza’s. These trays are required to allow more heat to enter the base of the pizza’s. These trays can cost up to three times as much as other trays.
- Many igloo ovens come as kits. This requires the owner to build the unit themselves. While the kit pice may be appealing, the addition of mortar, temperature gauges, special designed oven brooms, etc, and labor may carry the cost of an igloo oven well above the price of a VIP model.